|Position Title:||Spectator Services Workforce and Training Manager|
|Department / Project:||Experience and Event Promotion|
|FIFA and the Qatar LOC has created a new Joint Venture, which will be responsible for the operational delivery of the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022TM.|
The mission of the Spectator Services (SPS) function, is to make all the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 spectators feel welcomed and, ensure they have all the information and assistance they need in the stadiums to have an enjoyable and memorable experience.
Spectator Services (SPS) perform a wide range of services inside and around the stadiums focused on wayfinding, ticket turnstiles operations, information, ushering, information points operation, lost & found items, restricted items storage, children registration and mobility assistance services. Spectator Services is also responsible for the consistent and high-quality approach to deliver the best spectator experience in the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 stadiums.
The Spectator Services (SPS) Workforce and Training Manager is responsible for the effective Spectator Services workforce and training planning and delivery. This position will work closely with internal service providers and public stakeholders with whom shall interact during the planning phase to reach a top level integration.
- Responsible for the Spectator Services workforce (paid staff, volunteers and contractors) planning, recruitment, selection, scheduling, rostering, operations, performance appraisal, training and issues resolution.
- Analyse the spectator services tournament workforce requirements.
- Responsible for the SPS workforce operations planning and implementation including staff check in, deployment, late arrivals management, shift breaks, rotation, shift changes requests and other.
- Analyse, design and develop all training methods and materials – Presentations, online courses, tests, manuals, videos and other.
- Ensures the effective planning, procurement and management of the SPS spaces, equipment and technology requirements in all stadiums related to workforce management and training.
- Develop and integrate the Spectator Services workforce and training project plan with the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 overall project plan. Identify risks, gaps and opportunities for efficiencies and proactively communicate the project status, issues & risks to the Spectator Services Senior Manager.
- Ensure the effective planning and delivery of the spectator services workforce and training by working closely with Workforce, Venue Management and other key functional areas.
- Acts as Subject Matter Expert for the development of the SPS Policies and Procedures related to workforce management and training. Responsible for the review of other key functional areas policies and procedures that impact SPS operations and ensure their policies and procedures and aligned and integrated with SPS policies and procedures.
- Lead the planning and delivery of other SPS related projects as assigned by the Spectator Services Manager.
- Any other duties that may be required.
|Qualifications and experience|
Bachelor’s or Master degree, or equivalent in relevant subject.
- Extensive experience in workforce management and training particularly in major sporting events, and in spectator / event services operations.
- Exposure to all key aspects of delivering a major sporting event, preferably within football
- Experience in developing and documenting plans
- Knowledge of operational and delivery elements of major events
- Excellent understanding of spectators’ behaviour and motivations
- Experience managing service providers as well as volunteers
- Previous work in generating, managing, tracking and reporting on multiple concurrent deliverables in various phases of development
- Strong management skills
- Proven customer service capability and experience
- Ability to engage and manage different stakeholders, from private to governmental agencies Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively with diverse audiences.
- Strong facilitation, negotiation and inter-personal skills
- Able to influence decision by providing quantitative analysis evidence
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage and deliver complex projects to time, quality and within budget.
- Strong attention to detail and high standards for quality output
- Poise under pressure
- Proven ability to effectively lead motivate and supervise individuals and teams
- Oriented to lead by example
- Creative thinker with strong implementation skills
- Flexible when facing constant change
- Team player when led by others
- Energetic, enthusiastic, professional in demeanour, positive attitude and team spirit
- Displays highest levels of integrity and commitment
- Ability to create spreadsheets, documents, presentations
- English fluency – spoken and written (required)
- Arabic fluency – spoken and written (a plus)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to present efficiently and confidently to large groups.
- Advanced skills in MS Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Visio & Project)
- Planning software and online collaboration tools (an asset)
|FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 skills framework|
|COOPERATION: Capacity to work in a team and to contribute to the accomplishment of shared objectives. Ability to share information and knowledge with colleagues at all levels (equals, superiors and subordinates), within unit and towards other units / divisions.|
INCLUSIVITY: Ability to identify, construct and maintain a network of support contacts to achieve the objectives of the organisation.
ACCOUNTABILITY: Inclination to dedicate oneself to one’s responsibilities, to care about the quality and to assume the consequences of one’s own actions and/or decisions.
INNOVATION: Capacity to break new ground, look for different solutions, come up with fresh ideas. To think and act unconventionally.
TRANSPARENCY: Ability to objectively analyse one’s behaviour and action, to identify shortcomings, question oneself and learn from one’s mistakes.
FLEXIBILITY: Ability to adapt to circumstances, contacts, new working methods and tools while remaining productive in different or ambiguous situations.
ANALYSIS: Ability to identify and evaluate existing or potential problems and to identify the various aspects, to detect the causes and any links between them.
PERSERVERANCE: Ability to maintain one’s commitment to an activity or project and to complete it irrespective of any obstacles.
PLANNING: Ability to foresee the need to act, to draw up a coherent and chronological plan, to establish priorities, to allocate resources, to develop a system of control, and to re-adjust the plans.
|Work location – including start and final location|
|Start Location||Doha, Qatar|| || |
|Final Location||Doha, Qatar|| || |
The position is located at the FIFA World Cup Qatar 2022 HQ, Doha