Major League Soccer
Description de l'offre
Headquartered in New York City, Major League Soccer – celebrating its 25th Season in 2020 – features 26 clubs throughout the United States and Canada, in addition to future expansion teams in Austin, St. Louis, Sacramento, and Charlotte.
At Major League Soccer, our vision is to be one of the top leagues in the world. We come to work every day focused on building our sport in the United States and Canada and place teamwork at the front and center of everything we do. We believe that the diverse backgrounds and perspectives of our employees make us stronger, more creative and innovative, and ultimately more successful.
With a commitment to diversity and inclusion as core values, Major League Soccer (MLS) is seeking to hire a head of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) to increase engagement, opportunity and advancement for underrepresented groups throughout the League, Club and soccer ecosystem, including League and Club front office staff, technical and coaching staffs, referees, players and youth soccer programs.
In collaboration with the senior leadership team, the Head of DEI will develop and implement strategies and tactics designed to advance diversity, equity and inclusion across the MLS enterprise. This “roll up your sleeves” thought leader will be responsible for the development and implementation of a comprehensive and innovative DEI strategic plan to support business objectives, build a culture of awareness and action and drive change throughout the enterprise.
- Establish and implement immediate and long-term Diversity, Equity and Inclusion strategies and programs, ensuring alignment with both the business strategy as well as the broader people strategy, including:
- Increase representation of underrepresented groups (e.g., black, brown, Latinx, LGBTQ+, women etc.) in the front offices of the League and Clubs, as well as the technical and coaching staffs of the Clubs;
- Build a culture of inclusion and belonging for MLS staff;
- Drive access, opportunity and participation in the sport of soccer in underserved communities;
- Develop strategies to increase diversity among vendors and partners.
- Drive league-wide efforts to build access to and participation in soccer at all levels including player and coaching development, training and recruitment.
- Engage senior management, MLS Board, Clubs and others within the MLS enterprise to gain support, advocacy and ownership of the DEI strategy.
- Working with outside advisors and HR, develop and implement DEI learning and development programs for the League Office and Club Staff, coaches, players and owners.
- Collaborate with HR team and managers to ensure diversity, equity and inclusion are embedded throughout the hiring process and employee journey including around assessment and advancement.
- Connect our mission of inclusion to how we do business; partner with our employees to ensure every product, feature and campaign is being designed with inclusion at the forefront.
- Partner with MLS Employee Resource Groups (ERGs), and chair the Council of ERG leadership, to drive organizational culture, amplify and advocate for underrepresented groups and report critical action items to League Office Executive Team.
- Develop and communicate key metrics and performance benchmarks to drive transparency and accountability and to measure progress and return on initiatives.
- Develop relationships with business leaders in club markets and share best practices to drive diversity, equity and inclusion goals and initiatives.
- Create DEI focused internal and external communications and engagement strategy.
- Partner closely with the Social Responsibility team to ensure that inclusion is embedded throughout MLS community impact programs.
- Additional strategies as necessary to advance our collective DEI goals.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 15+ years’ experience in progressive leadership roles in addition to 5+ years of leading diversity and inclusion at an enterprise level.
- You have demonstrated success at developing long term strategies that translate business needs into actionable, practical initiatives.
- You have managed effectively and delivered results in a matrixed, multiple, diverse stakeholder model.
- You have experience counseling and coaching senior leadership on complex initiatives involving multiple considerations and stakeholders.
- You are passionate about attracting diverse talent to the organization and ensuring that all people have the opportunity to maximize their impact.
- You have a ‘bias towards action’ and are adept at managing in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- You are entrepreneurial and have the ability to strategize, “roll up your sleeves” and collaborate with stakeholders across various functions to execute programs.
- You are a strong communicator, and expert storyteller, with the ability to articulate a vision that inspires others and brings them together.
- You have strong presentation skills with the ability to create and deliver relevant content for key stakeholders and audiences.
- You have an analytical mindset and a data informed approach to challenges and opportunities.
- You have strong interpersonal skills and judgement including the ability to engage, coach, counsel, influence, and build trust and credibility.
- You have a high-level of commitment to a quality work product and organizational ethics, integrity and compliance.
- You have a passion for soccer or sports in general, but not a requirement.
- Ideally you have business proficiency in Spanish.
- Ability to travel and to work non-traditional hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez visiter careers-mlssoccer.icims.com.