International Olympic Committee
Description de l'offre
Department: Legal Affairs
Location: Lausanne, Switzerland
Contract Type: Temporary
Contract Duration: 8 months
Activity Level: 100%
Under the supervision of Senior legal counsels of the IOC Legal Affairs Department, the Legal Contractual Counsel shall provide legal advisory services mainly in contractual and institutional/corporate matters, including in intellectual property-related matters, to various internal and external stakeholders of the IOC and ensure effective management of legal and contractual matters.
Under the supervision of Senior managers of the IOC Legal Affairs Department (heads of, Associate Director), the Legal Contractual Counsel shall:
Provide legal advice and services, including negotiating, reviewing and drafting contracts and other legal documents related to:
- the organization of the Olympic Games, the Youth Olympic Games and other IOC activities and entities related to the IOC;
- the procurement of goods and services, including IT services and solutions;
- content, IP and image rights, such as content creation commissioning, acquisition and licensing agreements and other contractual and IP related matters
- projects related to IOC sports, programs and commissions;
- the United Nations and other international and non-governmental organizations for social development through sport;
Assist with the « Contract Lifecycle Management » project, including managing modifications to the various contract templates of the IOC and providing support regarding the IOC’s Contract Management Policy and Procedure, as well as the IOC’s a newly implemented Contract Management IT tool.
Institutional and corporate matters
- Provide advice and legal services on corporate and institutional matters by, for example, preparing/drafting corporate and institutional documentation (agreements, regulations, decisions, call-ups, minutes, filings, internal directives, statutes and similar documents) for the IOC, the Olympic Foundation for Culture and Heritage and other affiliated entities, OBS, Olympic Channel;
- Research and draft reports on various legal-related fields.
- Assess the regulatory impact of the IOC’s and IOC affiliates’ activities in Switzerland and abroad in cooperation with local counsel (both in the context of the Olympic Games and in other contexts), and recommend measures to achieve regulatory compliance;
- Provide legal advice to IOC Human Resources in labour law matters;
- Manage institutional issues related to the IOC, its affiliates and other entities of the Olympic Movement;
- Provide assistance regarding modifications to the Olympic Charter.
The Legal Contractual Counsel may be requested to address other duties as assigned by the Senior Legal Counsels, Associate Directors and/or Director of Legal Affairs.
Education, language capabilities and IT Competencies
- Law degree; A Master’s degree in Law (LL.M) will be an added advantage.
- Qualified Swiss lawyer with 3+ years’ post-qualification experience; law firm experience will be an added advantage.
- Highly proficient in spoken and written English or French with excellent command of the other language.
- Proven track record of providing accurate and effective legal counsel and adding value to an organisation through the development of comprehensive contract and legal documents that mitigate risk and penalties.
- Must have a realistic, clear, efficient, pragmatic and effective approach to achieve individual or joint objectives and to produce work product of high quality and quantity.
- Capable of thinking independently, being mindful of maintaining an appropriate balance between strengthening core business efficacy and mitigating legal risk.
- Excellent relationship, management and communication skills necessary for interaction with the internal and external stakeholders and negotiating parties.
- Works productively in a stressful environment, controls emotions in difficult situations and handles criticism effectively.
- Writes clearly and succinctly in an interesting and convincing manner. Structures information in a logical manner to facilitate understanding by the intended audience.
- Speaks clearly and fluently and expresses opinions and arguments clearly and convincingly.
- Able to examine, understand and summarise complex problems, subjects or information and quickly apply abstract concepts of law to make quick, innovative decisions to resolve problems.
Pour postuler à cette offre, veuillez visiter career2.successfactors.eu.